Mostly, when you see programmers, they aren't doing anything. One of the attractive things about programmers is that you cannot tell whether or not they are working simply by looking at them. Very often they're sitting there seemingly drinking coffee and gossiping, or just staring into space. What the programmer is trying to do is get a handle on all the individual and unrelated ideas that are scampering around in his head.
Charles M. Strauss
The development of this project will use existing technologies and systems wherever possible. The Family Pack application will include the following open source libraries.
- wxWidgets - The multi-platform GUI library.
- SQLite3 - The SQL database library
- wxSQLite3 - The wxWidgets interface to SQLite3.
The applications and library below will be amongst those used to assist development.
- Bakefile - The project building utility.
- Doxygen - The documentation generator.
- CppUnit - The code testing library.
- wxFormBuilder - The design tool used to create TFP's dialogs.
- NSIS - Nullsoft Scriptable Install System, the Windows setup file creator.
This project will draw on the work of other groups, just some of which are listed below.