I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.
The Family Pack is a new genealogy program to store, organize and display family trees. Since it is still being written it is a bit premature to describe how to use it - so for the time being this section is limited to an aspiration list.
- Multi-platform MS Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
- Evidence based database design
- Data entry using templates
- Work with separate database systems for Sources, Places and Historic timelines
- Able to compare and transfer data directly between databases
- GEDCOM file import and export
- A built-in script language (initially Tcl, others later) for input and reports
- Windows version (at least) to run directly from a CD
The current development is concentrating on designing the database and producing a Windows alpha version of the program.